Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war. Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos' favour.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors… their fates have yet to be determined.
- Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of FINAL FANTASY presented in action-packed 3D environments where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
- Combining all-out brawling alongside RPG-style character development and customisation, an original system developed by the creators of the KINGDOM HEARTS series takes fighting gameplay to another level.
- Fan-favourite heroes and villains from the entire FINAL FANTASY series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
- Players select their favourite FINAL FANTASY characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
- Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, long time fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system. Familiar environments and music from the FINAL FANTASY series also appear, arranged to make the most of the hardware capability.
- Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
Unlike most Final Fantasy games, Dissidia is more of a fighting game rather than a classic role playing game. It still keeps the complex story, character level-up and customization though. The game features main characters from the other Final Fantasy titles, two from each title (the protagonist and the antagonist). The plot revolves around the battle of the two gods, Cosmos and Chaos. The protagonists will form teams in order to fight through Chaos' armies and find their crystals which will later be used to destroy Chaos. Each character has his own campaign to go through at the end of which a crystal will be collected.
The game also features a single fight and an arcade mode where the player will be able to choose his fighter and the opponent (opponents are automatically chosen by the game if playing in arcade mode though). All of the character's experience and skills recieved through the campaign are saved for the other game modes (and vice-versa, for example: if Cloud had a level equal to 12 when completing the campaign, he will also appear to have the same level when viewing him in the character roster in Arcade or Quick Battle mode).
Another interesting feature is that the items you find during the campaign belong to you, the player. That means you can move items from a character to another. The game also features extra content such as villains, costumes etc. which can be unlocked by using PP. You get such points from each fight and completed campaign.
|No. of Disks