Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat for incredible layers of gameplay depth. The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons, item drops and character customization. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. These features, along with a rich and deep fiction that touches upon the mysteries buried beneath the surface of a danger-filled planet, combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters.
- Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system provides for near infinite tools of destruction
- Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for executing advanced strategies and tactical maneuvers FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions
- Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming's most innovative and respected developers
The planet Pandora isn't much more than a desert filled with bandits, mercenaries and adventurers. Their goal: the legendary vault which is said to be filled with treasures beyond imagination hidden on the planet by an ancient highly-advanced alien race. One of those fortune-seekers is the player who has one advantage: the Guardian of the vault is guiding you.
Borderlands is a mixture of first-person-shooter and role-playing-game, short RPS, very similar to Hellgate London. At the beginning of the game the player chooses between one of four characters:
* Roland: A former soldier. He likes to play with rifles and shotguns and has a Scorpio-Turret at his disposal to keep his back clear.
* Lilith: A Siren and Phasewalker. She can turn invisible and fights with extreme speed.
* Mordecai: A hunter. He prefers to snipe enemies from a distance and has access to a bird of prey called Bloodwing.
* Brick: A Berserker. He doesn't care much for guns and instead uses his fists to win all arguments.
Each of the four characters has three different skill-trees available, filled with talents that e.g. increase bullet damage or allow the player to resurrect a friend in cooperative game. The player gets one skill-point to spend at each level up which is of course earned through gaining enough experience points by killing enemies and fulfilling quests for the various NPCs inhabiting the planet Pandora. To kill all those enemies and survive the journey, the player will find weapons, ammunition, useful items like shields or medipacks, upgrades and money on the enemies he kills as well as in chests scattered around the landscape or buy them at vending machines. Weapons and shields come in different types of quality, can have several different types of attributes and mostly come with a level-requirement. The maximum level a player can reach is 50.
Since the player has to travel around much, he has a buggy available armed with a machine gun and a rocket launcher or heavy machine gun at later levels. Since the game also features a drop in/drop out-coop-mode for up to four players, the buggies have enough room for two players with one using the mounted turret and the other driving around the vehicle.
|No. of Disks