Blitzkrieg: Rolling Thunder (2004)
Shooter - Strategy
||CDV Software Entertainment USA
Follow Patton from the landing in Casablanca through seven countries: Fight for Northern Africa, Operation Husky (battle for Sicily 1943), breakout from the Normandy bridgehead (Operation Cobra), the Race through France, Battle of the Bulge, Rhine crossing near Oppenheim, Commando Hammelburg (Patton's attempt to free his son-in-law from German imprisonment) and the capture of a secret underground weapon factory in Pilsen.
- Amphibian operations, raids, non-linear battles (AI reacts on the player's tactic).
- Realistic sniper attacks: If too many gun crewmen "vanish", patrols are hunting down the sniper.
- 6-8 single player missions
- New buildings: Western wall, new bunkers, knight's castle and many more
- New textures: Winter textures for many units and buildings
The second Add-On to Blitzkrieg has a 18-mission campaign with the American tank legend general George S. Patton. The campaign took place in seven different countries, from North Africa to the Ardennes, including the landings on Sicily and the Normandy.
Beside the campaign there are eight more single-player scenarios, new units (infantry and also vehicles), new buildings and an improved AI. The occupation of train stations, ports, tank factories and airports ensures constant supplies, meaning that there are reinforcements now.
The whole game is build on the graphic engine of the original Blitzkrieg game, only including new graphics for the new theatres of war like Australia-Guinea, Siberia, Spain or the snowy forests of the Ardennes.
|No. of Disks