||CDV Software Entertainment USA
Real War - Fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe to the blistering sands of Africa and the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Hundreds of authentic weapons, vehicles and infantry fight on land, sea and air in 4 campaigns that span the globe!
Real Heroes - Take command of real life heroes, aces and leaders to give your army the tactical edge in historic battles. You'll be able to send the 101st Screaming Eagles into Bastogne, use Vasily Zaitsev to take down infantry in Stalingrad or Michael Wittmann to counterattack Allied armor in France.
Real Strategy - Choose what missions to fight, what troops to use, and when to call in reinforcements. Completing objectives and capturing strategic locations like train stations or airfields in each mission will help you to win the missions that follow. Each mission has multiple primary and secondary objectives that are connected to other missions, to provide limitless strategic choices.
- Totally destructible environments, structures & units
- Units progress, gain experience and upgrade the more you use them
- Earn promotions and medals for your success on the battlefield
- Use 3D terrain & weather to your advantage as they affect your troops in the field
- Order engineers to build your defense lines or to destroy buildings and bridges
As its predecessor, Blitzkrieg, Blitzkrieg 2 is a real-time strategy game set during World War 2 featuring three campaigns. Typical for the Blitzkrieg series is that no base building or resource gathering is required. The player starts a mission with some core units, with which he should accomplish the given goals. During the missions, additional backup troops can be called in.
The three campaigns are:
* USA's war in the Pacific
* Germany fighting in Europe and North Africa
* Soviet Union defending the homeland
Compared to the first part, the game engine is upgraded, allowing for full 3D, and there are more units, over 250. The game also contains a unit database, providing information on all these units, of which there exists an online version on the official website.
|No. of Disks