||Sega of America
||Phantasy Star Universe
Phantasy Star Universe offers long-time fans the epic experience they have been clamoring for. The solo adventure features more than 40 hours of gameplay, an emotionally engaging story, traditional cut scenes, and strong character development. The title's hero is Ethan Waber, a 17-year old cadet intent on saving his sister, who is living on a planet under siege by mysterious life forces called THE SEED.
In Online Mode, players are given the opportunity to create their own characters from a range of races, and they get to explore all three planets in the Grarl solar system. Fans can travel with a squad of other adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of other players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.
- The first major offline Phantasy Star game in more than a decade.The robust, full-featured single-player campaign offers more than 40 hours of gameplay.
- Three enormous planets to explore. A gigantic overworld and more than twenty giant dungeons are featured.
- All-new enemies to fight. In addition to a brand-new roster of standard opponents, there are more than 15 major bosses to challenge.
- Player-controlled vehicles. Players no longer need to travel everywhere by foot, adding a new dimension to exploration.
- The best online Phantasy Star experience to date. The game features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years.
Phantasy Star Universe can be considered the sequel to Phantasy Star Online with hack-and-slash RPG gameplay. Once again, there are two components: both offline and online content. In the offline single-player story, the 17-year old Ethan Weber is a military cadet on a mission to save his kidnapped sister from a mysterious force called THE SEED. This events and characters complement the online gameplay. Additionally, there is an offline mode that plays similar to the online mode, with character customization.
In the online MMORPG component, players create their character based on four races: Humans, CASTs, Newmans and Beasts, with 3 main classes that can still be changed during gameplay. Once at a high level, there is further specialization with 7 advanced classes. The character's customization includes the clothes, hair, facial features, voice, and body proportions.
The game takes place in the Gurhal Star System, with three planets to explore. Players can also team up in squad-based combat and tackle over twenty massive dungeons. The movement options of the previous game have been improved, with enhancements such as strafing. Characters can wield different weapons for each hand and there are player-controlled vehicles. A monthly fee is required to keep playing.
|No. of Disks