||Vivendi Universal Interactive Publishing
You're a malevolent mastermind bent on achieving global domination through the construction of the ultimate doomsday device. Build a secret base, gain notoriety by completing daring missions, repel the forces of justice in real-time combat, and develop evil super-weapons to complete your nefarious master plan.
Evil Genius is a tongue-in-cheek take on the spy thrillers of the '60s, offering you the unique opportunity to play the villain as you control a secret island fortress complete with powerful henchmen, loyal minions, ice-cold beauty queens, and a host of hilarious gizmos.
- Master all five evil gameplay elements: base building, real-time combat, minion training, techno-research, and mission deployment.
- Manage your minions as you train them to develop evil technology and super-weapons.
- Build your secret base and defend it against attacks by obnoxious action heroes and government agents in real time.
- Find and recruit talented henchmen from a variety of exotic locations. Dispatch agents to war zones in search of talent...scour universities for ideologues...launch prison breaks to free captured henchmen.
- Undertake numerous missions to increase your power and notoriety, including stealing the Eiffel Tower, kidnapping pop stars, and procuring priceless treasures and art.
Set in the 1960's of James Bond, master-minds and bad hair cuts; you play one of the 3 available "Evil Geniuses" with the overall master-plan to rule the world.
To do this, you must send your minions and henchmen all over the world on secret missions to increase your criminal infamy rating and steal cash to fund operations for your "secret island at an undisclosed location" (Operation: World Conquer costs money...a lot of money!)
However, the 5 (five) major world governments are not unaware of your evil plotting. They will send agents at your "secret island at an undisclosed location" to gather evidence of your misdeeds. Eventually after enough evidence, they will have just cause to send a strike team or worse...send Super Agents to hamper your plans of ... WORLD DOMINATION!
In Evil Genius, you can play one of the 3 (three) Masterminds in the game. Each "Evil Genius" has their own traits (advantages and disadvantages) that will effect gameplay (but not the plot).
After choosing the Evil Genius of your liking, gameplay will fall under the following categories:
World Domination Map
The most important feature of the game revolves around the top-down perspective World Domination map. Although it only takes a few minutes at a time to check this feature, it is most important because this is where you plot all your plans of world domination. The World Domination map consists of the following actions:
* Sending minions and henchmen on "Act of Infamy" missions around the world to raise your criminal reputation rating. Successfully accomplishing these missions will increase your criminal reputation. The higher your reputation, the more access you have to other missions, henchmen and infamy object to be stolen;
* Sending minions and henchmen undercover around the world to steal cash and funds for your operations. The money will then be sent to your "secret island at an undisclosed location" to be stored at your treasury;
* Recruit new henchmen. If your reputation is high enough, you may have the option to recruit new henchmen.
Secret Island at an Undisclosed Location Map
This is where most of the gameplay occurs. It's basically an isometric building simulation game in this section, where you can interact with buildings, minions and enemy agents. Overall, the in this section the available actions are as the following:
* Build your secret base and construct facilities and rooms;
* Build a trap system to guard your bases secrets from enemy agents as well as using them to kill, stun or interrogate enemy agents;
* Research new traps, objects and weapons.
|No. of Disks