Set seven years prior to the events of the first FINAL FANTASY VII, the Shinra Company is rapidly increasing its influence through its monopoly on mako energy and military might. With the burgeoning city of Midgar as its base and symbol of prosperity, Shinra is on the verge of establishing absolute dominance over the world.
SOLDIER is a group of skilled combat operatives within Shinra. The elite within the group — those strong enough to be deemed SOLDIER 1st Class — are respected and idolized by the citizenry. Zack is a young SOLDIER 2nd Class who aspires to become a 1st. He spends his days carrying out assignments under the guidance of his 1st Class mentor, Angeal. During an operation in Wutai, a large number of SOLDIER member, led by 1st Class operative Genesis, go missing. The severity of the situation prompts Shinra executives to deploy even more SOLDIER operatives in hopes of bringing an end to the war with Wutai—and conducting an investigation into the mass desertion. The ones assigned to the mission are Zack, Angeal, and the 1st Class hero who is known the world over as Sephiroth...
What truths lie behind Genesis's disappearance? What secrets bind the three SOLDIER 1st Class operatives? For Zack, a cruel and fateful struggle awaits...
- Complete the FINAL FANTASY VII experience and reunite with the most recognised RPG characters created by world-renowned character designer Tetsuya Nomura
- Witness stunning graphics and CG cutscenes coupled with top-notch voice acting in a 16:9 widescreen presentation, made possible by the PSP system hardware
- Innovative D.M.W (Digital Mind Wave) system enhances the action-packed real-time battle system, allowing players to unleash special attacks or call upon iconic FINAL FANTASY summons
- Take on challenges with the all-new "Hard Mode" which was not in the original Japanese release
- Acquire unique accessories, items and abilities made available through 300 side missions to further enrich the gameplay experience
Set six years before the 1997 PSX game Final Fantasy VII, the prequel Crisis Core follows the adventures of Zack Fair as he discovers the truth of the organisation he works for, Shin-Ra. At the time, Cloud Strife is still a Shinra Guard and Aerith Gainsborough also makes an appearance. Other prominent figures are Sephiroth, Tifa, Yuffie, Cait Sith, members of the Turks gang and also characters from Dirge of Cerberus.
The game is played as an action RPG and the events are mainly set around the city of Nibelheim. The turn-based battle system, DMV or Digital Mind Wave, is entirely new. It is based on reels with the portraits of the characters spinning in the top left corner. Lining up the same character in all reels is awarded with a power-up (Power Surge). Attacks are both physical and spell-based, and materia also makes a return. There are different varieties, both defensive and offensive, and different materia can also be fused together.
|No. of Disks