First Battalion (2006)
Action - Adventure
Join the ranks as you take command of the First Battalion and lead your forces into battle. Combining some of the best elements from first-person shooters, role-playing and strategy games, First Battalion provides gamers with a unique and exciting WWII gaming experience that they won't soon forget.
With its cinematic and immersive gameplay, First Battalion puts you right on the battlefield allowing you to play a pivotal role in one of the most intense and important wars in history.
- Experience the adrenaline rush of combat with totally destructible environments that keep you in the heat of battle at all times.
- Play as 3 military commanders, U.S., Russian and German, as you lead your battalions through intense missions and fast-paced campaigns.
- From the streets of Stalingrad to the beaches of Normandy, you will experience the biggest battles of WWII.
- Historic tanks, vehicles and aircrafts are all accurately modeled and detailed.
- Multiplayer mode for up to 32 players allows for complex team strategies utilizing different battalion tactics.
This action-orientated game takes you through 18 missions taking place throughout the WWII. Six Missions per side (Americans, Russians and Germans) place you inside a tank from the corresponding period (for example, in the first mission of the game you drive the famous German Panzer II Ausf. C).
Your tank is equipped with a cannon with limited ammo and a MG with unlimited ammo. With this arsenal you now have to complete different objectives (which can change throughout the mission) inside the missions like blowing up a fuel depot. In this process you also destroy and blow up many other things in the almost completely destroyable environment (from trees to houses) and of course you've to fight against enemy infantry and tanks.
The game also gives you command over a squad of friendly tanks which you can give simple but effective commands like 'make a flank attack on that position' or 'go and repair yourself at this repairstation'.
The mission-briefing consists of original WWII film footage where a speaker explains different aspects of the tank-war and a text (read to you) in which the story of your tank-crew is explained.
|No. of Disks