Space Siege (2008)
Action - RPG
||Sega of America
||Gas Powered Games
A game of tactics, combat-heavy action, and decision making, Space Siege is an all-new science fiction themed action-RPG being developed by Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games, the creators of Dungeon Siege I & II and Supreme Commander.
During a massive alien attack on Earth, five colony ships attempt to evacuate as many people as possible. Only one of the five colony ships, the Armstrong, escapes intact before Earth is completely obliterated by the aliens. In Space Siege, you take on the role of Seth Walker, a combat engineer aboard the Armstrong. Your objective is to protect the human race from being annihilated by this unknown alien species. Ultimately, you must make a horrific choice: will you sacrifice your humanity to save the human race?
At your disposal will be futuristic weapons and armor, cybernetic upgrades and a robotic partner that you can customize and command. Space Siege will feature both single- and multiplayer mission-based gameplay (mixed with tactical combat) that is spread across the vast confines of the Armstrong, along with character-building gameplay elements and a storyline that asks: What does it mean to be human?
- Tactical Combat Action – Outsmart your enemies by setting up ambushes, dodging attacks, ducking behind cover, and using any of the multiple special abilities available to you.
- Multiple Gameplay Paths – Define your game experience with the decisions you make. Will you remain truly human in the face of insurmountable odds? Or will you enhance your abilities with cybernetic technology to even the score? Customize your character with multiple skills and special abilities that fit your style of play.
- Customizable Robotic Partner – Upgrade HR-V, your robot companion, with armor, weapons and special equipment. Command HR-V to perform offensive and defensive tactical combat maneuvers or combine your efforts an unleash special attack combos.
- Chilling Sci-Fi Story – Follow a multi-chapter storyline and make key decisions that determine the best means to deal with the ferocious alien menace. Interact with dozens of characters with their own histories and personalities – no more "generic NPCs".
- Online Multiplayer – Up to 4 players can play cooperatively in a separate multiplayer campaign designed specifically for online play. Customize enemy difficulty and toughness to best fit your skill level.
- Futuristic Combat Technology – Access high-tech weaponry and armor in addition to advanced cybernetic upgrades that will offer powerful abilities with both risks and benefits.
|No. of Disks