The year is 2006...the setting, Southeast Asia. The U.S military are installed to protect the country, currently in the grip of terrorism from dangerous Indonesian guerrilla militia factions, who are threatening both military and civilian lives. Only one man can defend and assist the U.S military, eradicate the guerrilla factions and restore peace to Southeast Asia. This man goes by the name of Sam Fisher...
You must become Sam Fisher, a deadly stealth operative with the world balance in your hands, as cyber-terrorism and international tensions are about to explode into World War III. Infiltrate terrorists' positions, acquire critical intelligence by any means necessary, execute with extreme prejudice, and exit without a trace!
Experience the new dawn of stealth action in Splinter Cell Pandora TomorrowTM, an intense new espionage thriller from the files of Tom Clancy. Test your wits and your nerve in this conspiracy-filled story, as you delve into the world of international espionage.
- Use Sam Fisher's entire range of stealth maneuvers to evade the enemy through a richly detailed Indonesian jungle setting.
- After each completed mission, get feedback on your performance: from the number of shots fired, to the number of enemies eliminated, even your time on each level.
- Complete mission objectives through new pathways. Each new pathway offers its own gameplay challenges and rewards.
- Disable explosive devices using a similar mechanic to the innovative lockpick gameplay.
- Listen to in-mission situation reports with your PlayStation 2 headset
- Your remote team will communicate with you via the PlayStation 2 headset. Alarm warnings and personal communications get that much closer.
- The first game to use moving dynamic lighting technology for the PlayStation 2
- The ARGUS mercenaries' torchlight in the multiplayer is the first time a moving dynamic lighting source is incorporated into a * PlayStation 2 game. It is an awesome technical achievement.
In Pandora Tomorrow, you reprise your role as Sam Fisher, along with old friends Irving Lambert and Anna Grimsdottir.
A terrorist has a disease which he plans to spread through the United States. He makes daily phone calls to an undisclosed location every day, delaying the release of the disease by one more day. As Fisher, you must find out who the terrorist is, where he is, who he is working for, and above all, stop him.
In order to do this, you are taken all around the world, from Paris to Indonesia to the holy land Jerusalem. Sam comes equipped with his standard pistol and SC-20K. The SC has been improved, with an added scope with two levels of zoom. You have access to all the equipment from the first game, including Sticky Shockers, Diversion Cameras, Frag and Smoke Grenades.
Sam has also learned some new moves. He has the ability to perform a SWAT turn, which allows him to pass from one side of an open door to the other without being spotted. He may perform a half-split jump, enabling him to lean against one side of a wall to give him boost to jump higher. He can also whistle, to attract the attention of any nearby enemies.
Pandora Tomorrow also has a full fledged multiplayer game, playable on Xbox Live. The multiplayer ties in to the single player campaign, and it pits the Shadownet team (spies) against the Argus team (mercs). The game supports four players.
Members of Shadownet must infiltrate various complexes to retrieve canisters of a deadly liquid, but they must watch out for cameras, motion sensors and trip lasers, all of which alert the mercs to their position. The spy cannot kill with weapons, but he can stun the mercs for several seconds in order to sneak up and kill from behind.
On the other side, the mercs must make their way to each canister, guarding it from the Shadownet team. Whenever an alarm is tripped, the merc is instantly alerted to where the spy is. To help fight the Shadownets, the mercs have a built-in motion sensor view, which picks up any moving objects, as well as an electromagnetic view, which picks up on spy gadgets. The mercs come equipped with a rifle, and must defend the viral canisters at all costs.
Multiplayer comes with a good variety of maps, ranging from a warehouse and a factory to a cinema and three towering skyscrapers. More maps will be available in the future via Xbox Live.
|No. of Disks