||Brothers in Arms
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway brings the critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and sound, new cutting-edge gameplay features and a totally redesigned online component.
Delivering on the franchise's compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway drops you into Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in World War II.
- Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway ... next generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New story, new setting. Join Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market Garden as they fight to open the infamous Hell's Highway in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an enlisted man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented character design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich cinematic experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own distinct personality, unique story and background, and grows throughout the game.
- Powerful new units under your command: Players can use or command combined arms teams ... machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Play your own way: Players can choose to use their squad to execute a tactically elegant flanking maneuver or charge in with guns blazing.
- Destructible cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely ... modeled using real physical properties and behaviors, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
- Completely new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side, combining all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is the third installment of the Brother in Arms series and takes place four months after "Operation Overlord".
The player once again takes over the control of Staff Sergeant Matthew Baker and his squads as they take part in "Operation Market Garden". With the goal to secure multiple bridges, three airborne divisions were dropped into the Netherlands behind enemy lines on the 17th September 1944 - one of which was the 101st Airborne Division, Matt Baker's unit. The game tells the story of him and his squad assaulting and securing Eindhoven and the subsequent defense of the surrounding area against the German counter-attacks.
As in the previous games the player, in 1st person perspective or via tactical map, orders his squad around the map from cover to cover, ordering them to suppress the enemy and planning a flank attack to take the enemy position out, always advancing to the next objective. But to spice things up a bit, there isn't just an assault team waiting to be controlled. In some missions the player gets access to more specialised machine gun or bazooka teams. Especially the latter is very useful now since cover can be destroyed with enough fire power. There are also missions in which the player has control over a tank or has to fulfill the objective completely on his own.
Like in Rainbow Six: Vegas the player can also now do a move called "Dig in" at each cover. This will switch the camera to a 3rd person view and make the character invulnerable to enemy attack (as long as the cover isn't destroyed). From this position he can blind fire or look over the cover to get the kill with the improved combat system which doesn't rely that much on flanking the enemy anymore since every part of an enemy can now be hit if it's visible. And if the player makes an especially impressive shot (long distance head shot for example), the game switches to a slow-motion action cam, showing the hit in every gory detail. Another change is the new health system. As opposed to a fixed amount of health, the characters now regenerate health automatically if not under fire.
The game also features a team-based multiplayer mode for up to 20 players in which the teams either have to capture flag points or defend these points or eliminate the whole opposition to win the round.
This limited edition includes:
* Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
* A 6 inch plastic Sergeant Matt Baker figurine with 13 accessories
* A 32-page Brothers in Arms first edition comic book
* A full color map of Operation Market Garden
* Two additional playable multiplayer characters (American Assault Model and German Commander Model)
* Code to unlock all recon reports
* Code to unlock the Secret Finder
|No. of Disks