||South Peak Interactive
France 1940. Behind the façade of stability a secret, desperate, and cruel war of liberation has already begun. As a spy, saboteur, and partisan of the French resistance movement, the Résistance, you will also get involved in this fight.
The omnipresent enemy keeps everything under control and reacts on every kind of resistance in a barbarous and brutal way. An open military confrontation would be a lost cause.
Therefore, another way has to be found to fight the enemy. You conspire against the Nazis, operate underground, and pretend to be a harmless civilian. This way you can deceive and infiltrate the Nazis to strike secretly. But don't fall in the hands of the Gestapo that even plants spies in the resistance groups ....
- 22 levels will lead you through the cruel story, which is based on true historical facts.
- Scenarios in authentic French theaters of war in 1943/44, such as Paris occupied by German forces.
- Seven different characters with various specific attributes
- Complex enemy AI with numerous surprising behavior patterns
- Various clothing and uniforms allow the player to operate secretly in military areas behind the enemy lines.
- Player's behavior has a direct effect on the relationship between the population and the Résistance (betrayal, assistance, etc.)
- By skillfully sneaking up on the enemy, soldiers can be overwhelmed and forced at gunpoint to open doors and reveal vital information
- When under fire, the player can fake death by using the "Playing Dead Mode" to deceive the enemy
Velvet Assassin is a 3rd-person stealth shooter set during World War II and inspired by the real life secret agent Violette Szabo. The player assumes the role of the fictional secret agent Violette Summers. While she is in a coma at a military hospital, recovering from injury, the player plays through the memories of her former missions behind German enemy lines.
Gameplay is centered around stealth and heavy use of dynamic lighting. At several places in the game, the player must exploit the shadows of moving objects to remain unseen. When hidden, she is surrounded by a purple aura that fades when she moves into the light or is spotted by an enemy. A special variant of bullet-time, called Morphine Mode, is explained as such that the real Violette is administered a dose of morphine by a nurse during those moments. Many different types of stealth kills can be performed, based on the weapons Violette is currently wielding. There are collectibles hidden throughout the levels that give experience points upon discovery, which can be used to boost player abilities.
Since the game takes place in a fantasy world of memories, the atmosphere and art style is purposefully contrasted and moody.
|No. of Disks