Stronghold Crusader (2002)
Within a resilient castle beats the heart of a thriving society full of Fletchers, Brewers, and Armorers, while outside stalk enemy Assassins, mighty War Engines, and the constant threat of fire. In "Stronghold: Crusader," players will journey to Arabian lands renowned for brave warriors and fearsome weaponry, while reliving heroic battles of the historic Crusades. The player's challenge is to build and defend medieval desert fortresses and lay siege to fearless enemies. As European nobles or Arabian warriors, players must conquer the harsh terrain in the legendary Crusades of the 11th and 12th centuries.
- Relive the heroic battles of the historic Crusades in four distinct campaigns. Lead the heavily armored European Knights as Richard the Lionheart and command vast Arabian armies as Saladin, the Sultan of Syria.
- Attack the strongholds of fierce computer lords while forging an impregnable bastion of defense during intense skirmish mode.
- Master the tactics of the desert while building fortifications of varying heights and thicknesses, hoard every drop of water to extinguish deadly fire, and fervently defend oases.
- Experience ruthless medieval combat in a hostile land where Assassins silently slay their victims, Horse Archers combine deadly accuracy with frightening speed and common Slaves can shift the balance of power.
- Protect and defend thy loyal subjects with boiling oil, killing pits, moats, keeps, fire watchmen and more.
- Witness unparalleled siege weaponry including crushing Trebuchets, Portable Fire Ballistae, imposing Siege Towers and destructive Mangonels.
- Storm enemy barricades with over 25 units including Arabian Swordsmen, Teutonic Knights and Grenadiers.
- Create an awe-inspiring fortress in Free-build mode.
- Design challenging new scenarios to thwart thy friends with the full-featured map and scenario editor.
- Crush your friends in multiplayer. Bring in the computer lords from skirmish mode for the ultimate battle for the crown. Up to 8 players via LAN or over the Internet.
The game lets you step into the shoes of either the legendary Richard the Lionheart or the formidable Saladin. A mix of real-time strategy and city-building games, the game's desert setting requires strategies customised to the environment and its lack of water. There are 50 skirmish missions to be fought in sequence, as well as map and scenario editors. The 25 units include assassins, archers and fire throwers, and (in something of an anachronism) allow for suicidal charges.
As with the original Stronghold, Crusader includes a scenario editor and enables up to 8 computer in multiplayer via LAN or over the Internet.
|No. of Disks