Galactic Civilizations (2003)
The game is set in the 23rd century as human civilization is expanding into the galaxy. Players will compete against up to five other computer-controlled races for control of the territory. Part of the challenge will be to determine the best use of humankind's limited resources. The game is designed to give players a number of ways to win, including military conquest, diplomatic alliances, economic domination, technological advancement, and other strategic methods.
The game's depth of game play focuses on an unprecedented number of events that come into play and greatly alter the outcome of any given game. Another interesting feature is the "metaverse" system. Galactic Civilizations is a turn-based single player game, however players who play on Stardock.net will be able to play as part of a "metaverse" where victories, defeats and campaigns can be recorded. These features combine to give the game a high degree of replayability.
- Deep immersive storyline.
- Multi-threaded AI that is as sophisticated and challenging as real life politics.
- Multiple paths to victory - military strength, economic might, or political power.
- Ships gain experience as they win battles.
- Dominate with economic power through trade and wealth.
- Gameplay events ensure that each game is a different experience.
- In the Metaverse, games can be saved and allows the game AI to look at strategies used by the top players to make the game smarter.
- New to Altarian Prophecy: 2 new alien civilizations: The Korx and the Drath.
- A full campaign along with 10 built-in scenarios and 10 custom maps.
- 4 new unique ships based on the civilization's ethical alignment (good/evil).
- Map, Scenario and Campaign editors allow you to design your own galaxies.
- New technologies that enhanced logistics and other civilization abilities.
- Metaverse Dimensions – Online campaign support!
|No. of Disks