Halo: Combat Evolved (2003)
Named Game of the Year by Electronic Gaming Monthly, IGN.com and the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, "Halo" now makes its highly anticipated move to the PC, courtesy of Gearbox Software. "Halo," enhanced for play on the PC, contains all the action-packed combat and thrilling gameplay that made it a smash hit for video game fans everywhere. Armed with a new arsenal of weapons and vehicles, "Halo" delivers challenges and surprises as well as intense online multiplayer competition exclusively for the PC.
- Rich sci-fi experience. "Halo" transports gamers into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies, "Halo" will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiast's dreams.
- Vehicle- and foot-based action. Gamers can tackle missions any way they choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
- Intense online multiplayer shootouts. Gamers can battle it out with fellow players all over the world in a variety of individual and team-based games such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Race, Oddball and Death Match.
- Huge weapon variety. Enemies can be crushed with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and needler guns to the fierce rocket launchers and fuel-rod gun.
- Incredible mission variety. Gamers can fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as they uncover the dark secrets of "Halo." Among the many objectives: to attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
- Indoor and outdoor combat. Fights are seamless in "Halo's" ultrarealistic indoor and outdoor environments as gamers hunt the Covenant in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles.
- Optimized for the PC. With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, playing "Halo" is like never before. Gamers can take advantage of their high-end graphic cards and see "Halo" in superhigh 1,600x1,200 resolution.
- Dolby® 5.1 compatible. Gamers will enjoy a complete surround-sound experience. Enemy troops yell out the front speakers, while friendly troops yell assistance from the right. Meanwhile, gamers hear bullets fired from behind and watch them strike the targets in front of them.
|No. of Disks
||Force Feedback, Headset, Mouse