Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (2006)
Real Time Strategy
Deep under the central desert of Kronus, a vast honeycomb of skull-lined tunnels and funereal chambers house the awakening mass of the Necron plague. Eons ago, these were the boulevards and squares of a great necropolis built to house the bones of the races who had fallen to the Necron purge, and ultimately for the Necron themselves to retire to. Over the millions of years, sand and rock had covered it all until ill-fated excavations awoke the deathless again.
Play any of seven races, striving for control over Kronus. Take other races' strongholds by winning challenging battles on various maps individually associated with the respective Strongholds.
- New playable races, each with individual features
- Brand new Single Player Campaign experience, playable by all seven races
- Non-linear game-play: conquer an entire planet in the way you choose
- Watch a unique, non-linear story unfold from your race's perspective
- Customise and manage a persistent army as you sweep across the planet
- Customise the appearance and abilities of your commander unit as he grows in power and influence
- Discover the dark secrets of a planet shrouded in mystery
The second expansion to 2004's Game of the Year Dawn of War is set in Game Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe adds two new races, the Tau and Necrons as well as new units for each of the existing races. Dark Crusade also features a new campaign mode where you choose one of the five past races, or two new ones and compete with the other six for domination of a planet called Kronus. Each race has its own story and reason for being on Kronus adding motivation for players to play the campaign with each race at least once. Along with the campaign Dark Crusade adds some new maps for skirmish, and online play
Dark Crusade is a stand alone expansion meaning that it does not require the original Dawn of War, or its first expansion Winter Assault to play. Both Dawn of War and Winter Assault are required to be installed if you want to use all of the other races besides the Tau and Necrons online.
|No. of Disks