||Act of War
Ripped from today's headlines, Act of War is a frightening and believable tale of suspense, international intrigue and geopolitical military conflict. Through a techno-thriller story constructed by best-selling author Dale Brown, this real-time strategy experience puts you squarely in control of counterterrorist forces to defend cities of the world. It's the first look at tomorrow's war. No place is safe!
- CHILLING AND BELIEVABLE STORYLINE - Storyline and game universe created in close cooperation with Dale Brown, 15 times NY Times best-selling author and expert on US military, global conflict and future military technology.
- EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT - Zoom down to street level on the urban battlefields of San Francisco, Washington DC, London and Moscow; all highly detailed, realistic, and fully destructible. With a game-play where success is partly determined by your ability to medevac your own wounded soldiers and take enemies prisoner (rather than killing them), contemporary/near-future combat comes to life in a very modern way.
- MILITARY AUTHENTICITY - First RTS to combine a reality universe with simple, elegant game play. Using highly detailed representations of existing and experimental military technology, all to scale, Act of War offers an authentic battle experience without the authentic complexity.
- Strong focus on exceptional production values (audio, cinematics, story, technology)
- Full 3D with ability to zoom in to see the action up-front for full immersion into the action.
- Level of detail in character animations and textures only seen in FPS games to date.
- Extensive multiplayer options and single-player skirmish mode for infinite replayability.
In the near future, America is in crisis... In the midst of a worldwide energy crisis that has pushed gasoline prices to over $7 per gallon, worldwide economy is in a tailspin. Terrorists have taken advantage of this instability and inflicting heavy losses.
The US Army, with the task of ensuring homeland security, has created a new direct action operations group known as Task Force TALON. Armed with the latest technology and tactics, and lead by the controversial Brigadier General Jason Richter, TFT will perform whatever missions necessary to restore order.
In their way are the terrorists, elaborately financed and backed by a group only known as "the Consortium". Who is the Consortium, and why are they doing what they are doing? And most importantly, can Task Force TALON stop them?
Act of War: Direct Action is a modern real-time strategy game based on the novel and background by Dale Brown, noted techno-thriller author. You will command Task Force TALON in its battles against terrorists across America, from the oil fields of Texas to Streets of San Francisco. From deserts of Middle East to cities like London and Washington D.C., TFT is the most versatile direct action force ever created. But will it be enough to turn the tide?
Resource in this game is money, but unlike other RTS games, money can be generated in many ways. If you are in an oil-rich area, build an oil derrick and protect it, and watch $$$ roll in. Capturing and holding prisoners also generates $$$. What's better, when you try to take back Washington D.C. (or any other city) from the terrorists you get to raid banks and treasury buildings for even more $$$!
Buildings play an important role in AoW, as you can send infantry units into the buildings to hold them against all comers. With a couple anti-tank teams inside a bunch of buildings, and nothing will get through... Unless they decided to spend the time to blast your building(s) into rubble, or send in their own assault teams to clear you out.
Add the latest eye-candy, Dolby surround sounds, and fully destructible environment and you have a state-of-the-art RTS.
|No. of Disks