In 'Conan' the players will encounter a barbaric, lush, mature and sinful universe, presented in fantastic graphics and stunning 7.1 surround audio. In a world filled with cruel gods, mythical creatures, lost civilizations and a struggling human race, the mighty barbarian has finally seized the throne as king of Aquilonia. But Conan's rule is on the brink of chaos, spiraling towards the doom of ancient evils. In this twisted fantasy world, dark magic and brutal combat lurks around every corner, and each man and woman must carve their own unique destiny under Conan's reign. In the true vision of Robert E. Howard's dark universe it's now time for you to become a messenger of death.
- Enter the true Conan experience - The first official Conan online RPG sends you on a brutal journey in the footsteps of the worlds' greatest fantasy hero. Meet Conan's friend and foes, battle demons and monsters known from 70 year of Conan history, and step up to the ultimate challenge and befriend the mighty king Conan himself.
- Explore the world of Conan - Enter a gigantic and unique gameworld containing more than 30 distinct regions spread across the three mighty nations of Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia. Explore deep jungles, burning deserts, inhospitable mountains, vast valleys, dark dungeons or gleaming cities, and take part in an incredible journey of exploration and adventure.
- Real Combat Engine - Experience Funcom's revolutionary Real Combat engine, and fight mounted or on the ground. A new multi-point melee system allows the players to swing their weapons where they direct it, in real-time, going head-on against the formulaic nature of online RPG combat. The Real Combat engine also allow players to team up in battle formations and command both NPC's and other players in epic multiplayer battles, as well as giving you the chance to participate in massive sieges.
- Single-player vs. massively multiplayer - Emerge as a hero from the story-driven single-player experience and embark into even greater adventures in the massively multiplayer part of the game. The branching single-player story is created by the award-winning writers behind The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Anarchy Online so expect something extraordinary.
- PvP and PvE- Meet the ultimate resistance in human opponents, and enjoy crushing the skulls of fellow players in mini-games, sieges, arena fights and drunken brawls. Charge into the world of Conan, and fight monsters and demons alone or in groups.
- Extensive guild and solo gameplay - Form guilds in the multiplayer game and lay siege to hostile castles. Let the catapults sing their merry song of death as the enemy is brutally crushed to a pulp. Team up with other players in large guilds, and explore a large range of social gameplay opportunities. 'Conan' also offers extensive solo gaming opportunities, taking you through an amazing single-player journey and deep into the lands of Hyboria.
- Varied gameplay - Besides bringing the most brutal experience ever seen in a MMO, Conan also promises to deliver what all fans of MMOs love and enjoy. Vast character customization opportunities, a deep character creation, lots of social opportunities, crafting, a deep and fun RPG system, exciting classes and player-made cities are but a few ingredients in this powerful RPG.
- Amazing graphics - 'Conan' takes graphics in MMOs to a new level! With the latest and greatest in technology and an amazing art direction the graphics in 'Conan' immerses you into a world as never before seen in any online fantasy universe.
- Stunning Sounds - Listen to a powerful and epic soundtrack in 7.1 surround. Hear gripping voices recorded by professional actors, and enjoy a dynamic soundscape bringing players to the edge of their seats.
- A story to die for - 'Age of Conan' delivers a brutal, mature and compelling storyline that will send you headlong on a journey of brutality, intrigue and depth. Mixing the finest of storytelling found in classic RPG's with the open-ended approach found in MMOs, 'Conan' delivers a rare and special story experience.
- The first mature MMO - In the true and barbaric vision of Robert E. Howard, 'Age of Conan' promises to bring mature online players something dark, new and refreshing. This is no cartoony fairytale, 'Conan' is made by grown-ups, for grown-ups, giving online gamers the chance to unleash the ultimate havoc and fury.
Conan of Cimmeria dethroned King Numedides III and now rules the land of Aquilonia. His tales are known as legend and fable all over Hyboria but also many either fear or respect him, the land still is in great danger from all sides by Pictish hordes, Nemedia soldiers and many other forces that lay claim to the lands that now all exist under King Conan's rule.
During these times the player enters the world as a slave after creating a character. During character creation the player can not only choose how he looks but also which race and which class he will be. Depending on which of the three available races (Aquilonians, Cimmerians, Stygians) he chooses, he also limited the available class choices. Not every race can be any of the 12 classes. So while Stygians have access to Mages like Necromancers or Demonologist, they don't have any Soldiers which like the Guardian or the Dark Templar. Once the character is created, the player enters the world on the Isle of the Black Ones.
Used as a tutorial island until level 20, the player has two choices: playing a heavily story-driven single player campaign in an instanced world or doing the usual quests and errands with other players on the island. He can switch between both modes anytime from the Tortage tavern by deciding if he wants to play at night (single player) or during the day (multiplayer). Around level 20, after finishing the last mission of the so-called Destiny Quest, the player then enters the normal world of Aquilonia and is from now on free to roam the lands, socialize with others and do what you do in a MMORPG. You can take on a gathering profession like prospecting.
At level 40 the player then gets access to a mount and can choose a crafting profession. While the crafting is standard and includes the normal careers like weaponsmith, the game features a mounted combat system. Fighting from a mount gives you advantages like an additional knockback but also lowers your precision or restricts what combos and spells you use. But big mounts, including the mighty Rhino, even allow you to destroy player-made building. These are build by guilds and architects in the so-called Border Kingdom which is a free-for-all-pvp-territory. Íf the guild is very powerful and has the resources available, they can even build whole player-cities which then can be conquered by enemy guilds in a great battle with mounts and siege weapons including catapults. But these sieges aren't the only way to participate in PvP. Besides the open world, there are also several battlegrounds with different gameplay modes like "Capture the Flag" or plain "Deathmatch" in which the player can test their combat skills.
The combat system differs greatly from other similar titles because it is realtime with no dice rolling in the background. Where other games feature auto-attack and only require you to activate a spell or skill once in a while, in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures every sword-swing has to be carried out manually. The player can decide which side of the enemy he wants to attack and depending of his shield allocation, he will make more or less damage there. The player also has three shields he can distribute freely left, right or on top of himself to protect a specific side more because the damage reduction is great if he or an enemy hits on a side which all three shields are present. The player can also produce powerful combos this way. Since this applies more to melee-classes, the spell casters can use spell-weaving to combine powerful spells into one but they have to be aware that it can also backfire and kill the caster.
|No. of Disks