Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge (2006)
Strategy - Tactical
Desperados 2 is the sequel of the successful wild west title "Desperados – Wanted Dead or Alive". The gameplay is based on its predecessor but with brand new tactical possibilities in a beautiful 3D environment. The player is able to switch from an isometric view to a third person view whenever he wants, for example for duels, brawls and shoot-outs. There will be a great variety of setting for example dusty canyons, ghost towns, Indian villages and forts creating a breathtaking atmosphere. Take on the role of up to 6 heroes including the famous bounty hunter John Cooper and experience in a thrilling story with surprising turns.
- Real-time-strategy and tactic involved in an exciting story and a thrilling Western atmosphere
- Varied settings including towns, Indian villages, dusty canyons, forts, wagon convoys and ghost towns
- Double 3D view: pivotable isometric view and 3rd person view for fights and very close action
- Several levels of difficulty and a new A.I. with more tactical opponent behaviour and more interaction with allies
- 6 individual actions per hero and overall 20 new actions e.g. swimming, sedative injection and handcuffs
- A new hero: Hawkeyes, the Indian
- 5 actions per hero planable in advance with headword overview (Quick Actions)
- More interaction with the environment due to full 3D interior views of buildings and movements like climbing, sneaking, jumping and hiding
- Brawls with destroyable objects create movie-like stunt situations
John Cooper's brother, Marshal Ross Cooper, was brutally murdered by a criminal known as "Angel Face". Swearing revenge, John sets out to uncover the killer's identity and avenge his brother's death. To reach Angel Face, John will need to reassemble his gang of bounty hunters, including old friends like Doc McCoy and Kate O'Hara, as well as recruit new members into the group.
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge is the sequel to Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. Once again players control John Cooper and his gang. Though it's possible to play the game in an isometric view much like the previous game, Desperados 2 is rendered fully in realtime 3D, allowing the player to zoom and rotate the camera in many ways. The camera can even be switched to a third person view and follow individual characters around. This increased functionality becomes especially useful when moving around inside a building or engaging enemies in gunplay.
The game is divided into several challenging missions, that have to be solved by using the characters different abilities to overcome large numbers of enemies. Some examples include the sensual Kate seducing enemies with her charms, while Sam blows things up with his dynamite and Doc heals his comrades.
|No. of Disks