Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (2003)
Adventure - Puzzle
Background Story: The story of the D'ni civilization began when they established their underground empire on Earth some 10,000 years ago. While living beneath the Earth's surface, the D'ni practiced a technology called the "Art of Writing" to create incredible alternate worlds of fantastic variety called "Ages," which they could travel to through "Linking Books." During that time, a D'ni family traveled to the surface of what is now southern New Mexico, creating the link between our world and theirs.
The D'ni people below thrived for some time, but later met with a great catastrophe that ended their civilization. The vast underground cities of the D'ni were left uninhabited and their Linking Book technology seemed lost forever - until now.
Game Premise: Uru is the next saga in the Myst universe. The retail product allows players to experience an all-new single-player adventure that will be more stunning and visually captivating than ever. In addition, Uru includes options for expansion, allowing players to further immerse themselves and join a never-ending Myst universe. Choose to subscribe, and suddenly Uru is populated with other explorers to share the journey. The world continues to expand and grow, offering the most dynamic and unique adventure game experience ever created.
At the request of Yeesha, the eccentric daughter of Atrus, you'll journey through a variety of different ages, all linked to your own mysterious "island in the clouds." Exploration through each age will draw you further into the storyline through solving puzzles, finding clues and expanding your library of linking books. You can even text chat and share images with other players who are on their own journey. You'll become familiar with the DRC (D'ni Reconstruction Council), a group that is rebuilding the D'ni city and civilization. The DRC sends you messages and keeps you informed of things going on in D'ni, and sometimes they even open up new areas to explore.
- Explore a surreal and visually stunning world: Environments motivate players to explore.
- Easy to play: No rules to read, levels to build or maps to memorize.
- Non-threatening: You can't be killed or menaced by other players.
- Optional interaction with other players: Subscribing to the optional expanded world, players will choose to interact in a small neighborhood of invited friends or explore the unknown with others visiting the great D'ni city.
- Mind-challenging: Play simple mini-games, discover new information about the mysterious D'ni civilization, or solve puzzles that will unlock new Ages to explore.
- Acquire Linking Books: The access to alternate Ages expands with the size of your library.
- Intriguing storyline: A rich and compelling story unfolds as you acquire clues, solve puzzles and explore each unique Age.
- Single Player/Multiplayer up to hundreds of people
- Use voice chat to communicate in real-time: In the expanded online experience, players may use their own voice to communicate with other Uru explorers. Optional interaction with other players.
|No. of Disks