Kane & Lynch: Dead Men follows the violent and chaotic journey of two men - a flawed mercenary and a medicated psychopath ? and their brutal attitude towards right and wrong. This volatile partnership combined with innovative technologies allow for an unparalleled gaming experience.
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men will immerse players into an emotionally intense crime drama with unflinching action. Io-Interactive?s proprietary technology will deliver fluid high definition graphics and lighting, highly destructible environments, massive crowd AI, single, co-op and squad-based combat, a cinematic interface, and non-stop dialog between Kane and Lynch. The title also features innovative two-player co-op and groundbreaking online game play.
- Tense and unpredictable experience: This is the violent and chaotic journey of two men: a flawed mercenary and a medicated psychopath. Each hates the other but must work together to save themselves and possibly the ones they love. Play Kane in single-player mode and either character in two-player co-op mode.
- Violence erupts in meticulously created ?safe? worlds: Realistic and responsive environments and crowds react when events get of out control. Crowded nightclubs and calm bank offices become scenes of sudden terror. Manipulate the environments and crowds strategically to complete objectives.
- Wide variety of intense 3rd person game play: Rappel from buildings, firing on the run or from moving vehicles, launch surprise attacks, lay down cover fire, and shoot blind from around corners, hurl smoke, tear, and incendiary grenades.
- Fast and intuitive combat: Lead a crew of criminal mercenaries to increase your chance of surviving and reaching your goals. You can also fight alone as your crew AI will automatically draw fire, throw grenades, lay down cover, and engage in close combat with their own signature moves.
- Two-player co-operative game play: Team up and play the full story with a friend as either Kane or Lynch. On the big jobs, split the command of your crew. At any point in the game you can choose to play the next, or previous, levels in co-op.
- Innovative multi-player levels: Based on the game?s themes for up to 8 players.
Kane is on his way to the execution with another prisoner called Lynch when the transport gets attacked by a group of guys. While Lynch already knew that this would happen, it is only later revealed to Kane that the attackers where his old associates which he presumed dead. Now they demand the money from the last coup they did together from Kane. Since Kane has nothing to lose, they took his family hostage in order to force him to get them their money fast. To make things even worse, they hired the medicated psychopath Lynch to be his watchdog.
From the moment the transport is hit, you take control over Kane and try to free your family. The camera is placed behind Kane while moving and you can also zoom into a over-the-shoulder view while firing. Kane will automatically take cover where it is possible and if he is too badly wounded, he needs a teammate to give him a shot of adrenaline to get him back into the fight. But don't do that too often in a short period of time or your heart will collapse with an unfortunate end.
Of course nothing goes as planned so most of the time is spent shooting your way through hordes of police and special forces. To deal with them you can carry two different types of weapons ranging from pistols to assault rifles and shotguns.
You can also give Lynch commands like focusing his fire on one enemy, trading weapons with him and getting ammo when you are out of it. During the course of the game you are sometimes accompanied by other members of the organisation with whom you can interact in the same way as with Lynch.
The game features an offline coop-mode in which the second player takes over the control of Lynch. The online multiplayer consists of a game-mode called "Fragile Alliance" in which the players need to rob a bank. The twist is that you can attack at any time, kill your teammates and take the money they had already collected. You will then be marked as a traitor for the whole team and those that get killed will respawn as one of the police force and work against the whole team.
|No. of Disks